Happy New Year everyone! 2011 was a great year for the animals, and 2012 is going to be even better. Mercy for Animals writes that the USDA is predicting a steep drop in US meat consumption in the new year (12% less than 2007). And turns out meat consumption has been declining for the past four years. The tide is definitely turning!
Read the full report here: Daily Livestock Report pdf. The graph above comes from that report — kinda gross to think that the average American consumes about their own body weight in meat every year!
- savbrowning likes this
- treekisser likes this
- transientyou83 likes this
- gmhdesigns reblogged this from kittsune and added:
- notourstoeat reblogged this from thisveganlife
- islesandglaciers likes this
- bubblygranolachick reblogged this from thisveganlife
- nickthejam likes this
- lipslikewasabii reblogged this from thisveganlife
- ihavetopeerealbad likes this
- hairypitsandtits likes this
- thisveganlife posted this